Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle
From: "culture.virus" <culturevirus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:42:05 -0800
Scott et al,

CT1272L has the standard T handle for the trunk lid. I believe it to be
original as the trunk has the original prop rod intact and still has the
unbadged (badgeless?) skin panel. CT1272L still has the domed instrument
glass and the bright metal surround for the center cluster. Sadly the short
bulge bonnet is no longer with the car, lost to a minor accident by my
guesstimation.

At 02:07 PM 11/7/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I happened to have looked at an early TR4 last weekend.
>It had the short bubble and domed instruments and even the bright metal
>surround for the center instrument cluster.
>
>As I made my way around it I saw that the trunk latch handle was different
>than
>any other TR-4 Id seen.
>
>Instead of being a simple T shape sticking out of the trunk lid,  this one
>had the arms of the T curled back down towards the base.
>
>Anyone know if this is another original peculiarity . . or is it merely a
>similar type of handle that has been fitted to this particular car?
>
>Scott Tilton
>1963 TR4 everyday
>Leesburg, VA

I am culturevirus