Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle
From: "culture.virus" <culturevirus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 14:47:14 -0800
At 11:49 AM 11/9/02 -0700, Steve wrote:
>"culture.virus" wrote:
>
> > CT1272L has the standard T handle for the trunk lid. I believe it to be
> > original as the trunk has the original prop rod intact and still has the
> > unbadged (badgeless?) skin panel.
>
>This is new to me. Mine -- CT5018LO -- has "TRIUMPH" across the
>boot lid and "TR4" in the lower corner. It does have the early high
>performance prop rod also. Was TRIUMPH or TR4 not stuck to
>the bootlids of earlier TR4's?

Sorry for the confusion Steve. I was referring to the lack of a "TR4" badge
on the boot. I have no idea when they started adding them but I seem to
recall that the earliest ones off the line didn't have the TR4 badge.

"High performance" prop rod? That's funny. Of course they're high
performance, light weight, only one moving part.

>--
>Steven Newell
>Littleton, CO

I am culturevirus