Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle

To: "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <TR250Driver@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:31:51 -0800
Cc: <steven@newellboys.com>
Here is some info from Bill Piggot's book "The Original TR4/4A/5/6":

The earliest TR4 were not fitted with the 'TR 4' boot badge - the sample car
in his book is CT 666L. No specific change point is given for the addition
of the 'TR 4' boot badge. The letters TRIUMPH should be fitted on the boot
of all TR 4's.

Short bubble bonnets were fitted until CT 6429.

The high performance boot prop rod was replaced by the hi tech boot prop
stay at car number CT 5643.

Funny...I just took delivery of a short bubble bonnet last week. The seller
told me that a short bubble bonnet would allow my car to run 5 degrees
cooler, have less aerodynamic lift at high speed and the car would have a
significantly lower drag coeffecient...Hmmm...Caveat Emptor!

Brad
62 TR4 CT 3898L - with TR4 badge, Short bubble bonnet and no prop rod or
stay!
Anyone have an extra prop rod?? They seem to be more rare than a short
bubble bonnet!