Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Early TR4 Trunk Handle
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 05:01:26 -0800 (PST)
--- Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net> wrote:

> > I happened to have looked at an early TR4 last weekend.
>
> You didn't happen to cop the commission number, did you?

Yeah it was right around 2000 I think.
Can't remeber if it was CT19##   or CT21##

I have it written down if you need the specifics.

> Did you open the trunk?  Which style of trunk rod did it have?
> The simple rod like mine had (before it broke off while under the care of
> the PO)?
> Or the automagic sliding gizmo used in later cars?

Actually it did have a very simple prop rod that pivoted down to hold the trunk
lid open.  Even a little clip of sorts to retain the rod.

I figured that was not original.

Guess I was wrong.

This is the same car that I asked about a month or more ago that has the amber
signal lenses on the front and rear.

The car is in Delaware, and has some very good aspects to it, but its body work
is horrendous.  Who knows whats under the 1/2" of bondo covering the fender
seams and even the screw heads that hold the fenders on.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 with pretty pathetic bodywork on it too . . everyday.
Leesburg, VA  (Frost on the ground today . .glad I park in the garage)