Re: GT6 (+Spitfire) 5-speed

To: sdkandlsk1@juno.com
Subject: Re: GT6 (+Spitfire) 5-speed
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:41:08 EST
Cc: john@quantumechanics.com, spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Scott, John replied to me, so here's the info...
Clark

Subj:   Re: GT6 (+Spitfire) 5-speed
Date:   11/8/2002 11:17:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:john@quantumechanics.com";>john@quantumechanics.com</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:Cwn74@aol.com";>Cwn74@aol.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Scott - Hi and thanks for your inquiry. I am directly involved in the
development of the GT6 conversion kit with the Ford T9 transmission. We are
in the final production tests and Autogear is correct in that we should be
finished in about two or three weeks or so. I will let you know when I have a
kit in stock and ready to go. I stock the Ford T9 gearboxes on a regular
basis, but it looks like the GT6 conversion will actually require a modified
gearbox. The GT6 engine places the transmission about 3 inches further back
than the Spitfire. If we don't shorten the transmission, the shift lever
interferes with the handbrake lever. A stock T9 will not be useable for this
conversion kit. I'll keep you posted on progress. Thanks again! John Esposito
John G. Esposito
Quantum Mechanics Ltd.
505 Wheeler Rd.
Monroe, Ct. 06468