Carbon Canister Rebuild

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Subject: Carbon Canister Rebuild
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:59:11 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAAG48AF018591
Message text written by Hugh Fader
>1. The charcoal looked OK. Does it wear out somehow? I have read you can
replace it with aquarium filter charcoal. Don't want to do this if I don't
have to.

2. There is a fiber air filter at the bottom of the canister. It is a bit
dusty and could probably use replacing. Any idea what I could replace it
with?
<

1) I have heard 1) Aquarium charcoal is equivalent and 2) it is not.
However, there is a fellow back east who made a bulk purchase of "activated
charcoal" (which is the proper stuff) and will sell you a pound.  He can be
reached at:
glenn.roy@pepsi.com

2) If you find out, let me know.

Dave