Re: Carbon Canister Rebuild

To: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>, "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carbon Canister Rebuild
From: Charlie Shaw <charlie.shaw@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:24:17 -0900
Hugh,
I took this canister apart last winter as I replaced all rubber and gaskets
on my 75. I cleaned the mesh filter and let it dry and washed the charcoal
section and air dried it also. I let these parts dry unassembled for
approximately 3 months (winter is long here).  I then reassembled the unit
and all worked well. Remember this unit was designed to recover vapors of
the fuel to reduce hydrocarbon emissions so when the charcoal wears out all
it really does is allow more pollution onto the air. The only operating
functionality I have found is the effect on the vacuum function which can
effect the idle and acceleration characteristics. HTH.

Charlie Shaw
75 TR6 CF39093UO
Anchorage, Alaska