Carbon Canister Rebuild

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carbon Canister Rebuild
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:38:20 -0500
Convinced that it must be so in order to run right, I am continuing my
effort to get the crankcase breather/vapor recovery set up correctly on my
72 TR6.

I pulled the carbon canister apart the other day to check for problems.
These things are a lot simpler inside than I thought. Still, I have a couple
of questions:

1. The charcoal looked OK. Does it wear out somehow? I have read you can
replace it with aquarium filter charcoal. Don't want to do this if I don't
have to.

2. There is a fiber air filter at the bottom of the canister. It is a bit
dusty and could probably use replacing. Any idea what I could replace it
with?

I ordered the restrictor/adaptors for the carbs from TRF. Now I see I am
missing a restrictor on the vacuum hose to the canister. Guess I'll have to
order that too. Luckily, I still have the restrictor from the line from the
fuel tank to the canister.

Regards,
Hugh Fader