re: New Hero: Mr. Oddi

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: New Hero: Mr. Oddi
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:34:10 -0700
You've got to respect guys who drive their cars to the track. We had 2
guys show up for Vintage on the Prairies here in Calgary that drove a
100-6 Healey and an MG TD from Bellingham Washington about a 10 hour
drive then race for 3 days and drove home. The amazing part was the
Healey driver Dave Philips was keeping up with the slower Tigers running
race rubber and he was running street tires one hell of a good driver on
an unfamiliar track.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3a
1963 Fiat Cabriolet

 >Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:06:56 -0800 (PST)
 >From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
 >Subject: New Hero:  Mr. Oddi
 >
 >I just thought Id make it official and announce that I have a new hero.
 >
 >The persons name is Leo Oddi and I learned about him in the November
issue of
 >The Spokes. (Richmond Triumph Registers newsletter)
 >
 >Leo participated in a vintage race at VIR in October with his 1968 Triumph
 >TR250.
 >
 >As if that isn't cool enough . . .  apparently Leo actually DROVE his
car to
 >the track with his wife next to him in the passenger's seat.
 >
 >Im guessing It was a three hour drive from Fredericksburg, VA to
Danville, VA.