RE: 'Speckled' at The Cat and Custard Pot

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 'Speckled' at The Cat and Custard Pot
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:37:55 +0000
Mark

>...Another of my favourites with a strange name is the Smoking Dog in
>Malmesbury...
>

>OK Nicholas, I'll bite. Is the sign outside the pub a blazing beagle or a
>pooch with a pipe?

The latter... it's one of the old clay pipes

But I must say a blazing beagle (in these anti-hunt times) would be
interesting, if a little non-PC

Interestingly, Malmesbury is notable in that the Land-Rovers are not driven by
Fulham Farmers and actually have real mud on them. It's a real country market
town

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk