Sump Pan Gasket

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sump Pan Gasket
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:24:20 -0500
Hi List!
    I'm sorry for this 'Late' input to this thread:

Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:27:58 -0500
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: sump gasket

Listers, today I received my new "Silicone" sump gasket (oil pan) from Justin
Wagner, what a tremendous design by Justin, this is what out cars have needed
for a long time, it is thick, covers 100% of the engine block sealing area
instead of just the thin area of the oil pan, he has designed special mounting
bolts with a partial shaft instead of threads and each bolt comes with locking
washers and compression washer as well as wire holes for securing each and
every bolt, no more of 1 or 2 becoming loose and causing the leaks we are all
so accustomed to having happened in the past, all I can say is what a great
product and it sure is needed, like his valve cover gasket this is a 1st class
undertaking by Justin.  "NFI" Thanks " JW "   "FT"

    I have also installed this gasket in my NEW Rebuilt engine with his
custom hardware kit. Though I can NOT get my engine to start [I shall be
writting to you members shortly about this problem later], I have found
this gasket NOT to LEAK. The instalution is VERY Easy & NEAT [No messy
gasket sealeant]. Like is VC Gasket, it is made to be REUSED! Thus
meaning [if one wishes to], that you couls drop the Sump Pan every time
you do an oil change to make sure that ALL the garbage gets cleaned out,
as well as 'checking' the Bearings & Sump Pump play. Which were the
reasons I wanted this gasket. I too, have NFI, other that to inform the
list of a new product out that will make your life easier.
-Cosmo Kramer