Re: TR6 trim rings

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 trim rings
From: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 10:11:35 -0500
Mark:

To my knowledge, the TR6 was always produced with the brushed rings.

I've had both -- the PO of my '6 had installed the present-day polished rings,
but I felt that they made the car just too shiny, overall.  So I located some
decent originals, and I think the car looks better for it, and, more original.
While I'm not an originality freak, in the case of a stock item that is unusual
in today's auto world, AND makes the car look better, I'm all for it.

Can't help you on the repair ideas.  I suspect there's a way to do it, but it
may
require experimenation.

Let us know what you come up with.  My rings have a few little curb dents too.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6