Re: TR6 trim rings

To: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 trim rings
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:19:36 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello all,

Mark Hooper wrote:

"...the PO of my '6 had installed the present-day
polished rings, but I felt that they made the car just
too shiny, overall.  So I located some decent
originals, and I think the car looks better for it,"

I would hand sand the polished stainless steel,
respecting the circular form, with some fine emery
cloth.

My father used to sand aluminum sheet with one of
those electric hand sanders that use 1/2 sheet of sand
paper.  It gave what he called a jitterbug finish
since these tools move in an "orbital fashion" (not
circular rotation).  At Otis elevator where I work
they do a lot of stainless steel fabrication.  They
have a large table belt sander, that can handle 8 foot
sheets, to give a brushed finish to all flat surfaces
that are seen.

Cheers, Javier