TR6 trim rings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 trim rings
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:27:48 -0500
Judging from the replies from the list, it would appear that opinion is
divided. About half the list preferred the original brushed aluminum wheel
rings, with the other half liking the polished stainless units.

I guess I will see if I can do a decent job on the originals and if not
snuffle around and look at somebody's car with the shiny new ones. Memory
says that Patrick in Montreal has the new rings so I will beg an audience
with his car and check out the difference.

The thing that looks different is I gained the impression from various web
images that the new shiny rings are rounder in cross-section than the
originals. My aluminim rings are basically a flat inclined band around the
wheel meeting another flat disc on the outside of the rim. The meeting point
is almost a shart edge. The shiny rings (could be a camera effect) appear to
have a very much rounder joining line and/or the band is itself narrower in
the flat section. Does anybody have one of each to compare?

If the above is actually the case, then I will stick with the original as I
prefer the flatter look. Perhaps I can polish the originals?

Anyway the only sort of work I can contemplate when it's freezing outside
and been snowing all day.

Mark Hooper
72 TR6