Re: voltage regulator

To: "Bill Bereza" <bereza@pobox.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: voltage regulator
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:24:10 -0000
I can not help you with the wiring of the regulator but I can help with the
identification of the Lucas 15 ACR through to18 ACR alternators.

It may help you and others on the list sometime in the future.

Take a look at the casing, between the two alloy parts of the casing you
have a steel band. 15 and 16 ACR have a narrow band (about 1/2 inch) 17 and
18 ACR have a much wider band (about 3/4 inch).

Now take a look inside, no dismantling required just look past the fan, and
identify the colour of the outer casing copper windings.

Plain copper colour are the lower output, red windings are the higher output
ie 15 and 17 have copper coloured windings 16 and 18 have red.

Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O
Wales, UK