Re: GT6/TR7 transmission

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: GT6/TR7 transmission
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:33:05 EST
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/20/02 3:04:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

> he will have to focus his search for the GT6 box.  Too bad as the
> TR7 box should be much easier to find.

Dave,
I have a spare GT6 box out of a 68 GT6+.  I like to hoard parts but since I
have an OD box and another regular one I guess I should be sharing a little.
No idea of the condition since I never drove the GT and bought it in pieces.
Let me know if your friend needs it.

I have a GT. OD box in my 70 Spit.  I used an aluminum bellhousing from a
Herald to reduce weight. It's cool but a little doggy off the line since the
first gear of a GT6 box is pretty tall.  That's great for road racing but not
so good for autocrossing.  I put a 455 diff in it to help get her going but
now it seems that the top end is suffering. I am finding out that you can't
have it both ways.
Cheers,
Darrell