RE: emissions stuff

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: RE: emissions stuff
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:50:56 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAP3umv6005695
Message text written by "Randall Young"
>The thing that has always irritated me about this law is that it includes
modifications to reduce emissions !  I've felt for some time that if it
were
legal to do so, fuel injection retrofits would be much more popular (and
much cheaper) than they are.  Better fuel economy, better performance,
lower
emissions ... how can that be bad ?  Yet it's illegal ...
<

This is a typical bureaucratic attitude.  If you go in there with something
not on the list of approved configurations then you will have to prove that
it works.  This means testing and test results and it means someone at the
bureaucracy will have to be technically savy enough to interpret the data.
It's much easier to stamp it "rejected."

Cheers

Dave