auto choke zs 175 carbs 80 tr7

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: auto choke zs 175 carbs 80 tr7
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:24:10 -0700
hey guys,
   i am stumped on the new car already...  the p.o. told me that the auto
choke was disconnected because it caused the car to idle too high.  i played
with the car today, got the air filter assembly removed.  i can't for the life
of me find this 'auto choke'.  i did find two wires that go up to the front
carb and connect to something i could not see.  some other stuff in the way i
have to remove.  can anyone fill me in on where the auto choke is on this car
?  front carb, rear side ?  how does it work ?  how could someone 'disconnect
it' ?  i need to of course reconnect it and fix the fast idle adjustment or
whatever.  they are the zs 175 carbs.  i also noted where these two wires on
the front carb, where they meet the wiring harness (they are connected) about
one foot below the carb, there is an electrical device.  small device oval
toward the bottom of it, beige color, with a round black something on top, the
whole thing being about 1 to 2 inches in height.  there appears to be two
wiring connector pins on top of it with no wires going to it.  so with all
that... is this part of the choke assembly ?  or something else ?
thanks !!! larry, lstein6@earthlink.net