Final? ride of the season, 28 degrees F in Connecticut

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Final? ride of the season, 28 degrees F in Connecticut
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:08:11 EST
I've been meaning to get up to the gas station to top off the tank and add
stabilizer for my TR3A's winter rest.  So when I had to make a run for ice
before the family arrived for the Thanksgiving Day meal, I figured, why not.
That fact that I still don't have a top and it was 28 degrees with 7" of snow
on the ground, just meant that the ice wouldn't melt until the alcohol was
added.

My 25 yearold son and I garnered more than a few stares from passing
motorist.  I don't know if it was because it was so cold or the fact that we
both exceed 230 lbs and the TR looks more like a Mr. Potatoe Head car with us
in it, or more likely mostly out of it.  The incredulous look that clerk at
the convenience store only confirmed our insanity.

Later, when my brother and his family arrived from Virginia for the meal, his
15 year old son wanted to know what kind of car it was.  So I took him for a
spin, he thought that it was an "awesome" car, much more fun that his Dad's
'76 Corvette.  He also remarked that he had also forgotten how cold it can
get in Connecticut.  He and I were quite frozen by the time we got back to
the house.  A few Manhattans later, and I was quite thawed out and ready to
carve the bird.  All in all, a very nice day.  Especially, when I overheard
my nephew asking his father if they could restore a car.

Who knows, maybe there will be one more "last ride" left.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399 (waiting for the January thaw)