Re: Hot Tank/De-rust TR3 Block

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Tank/De-rust TR3 Block
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:24:48 -0000
Hi Bill
It is probably a good idea to de-rust the inside of the engine, the 3 is a
wet lined engine isn't it? if you take the liners out won't you be able to
scrape the rust out by hand, a lot cheaper than dipping? I would not paint
the inside as the first thing you will know about flaky paint will be the
temperature rising as the flakes block the radiator flow.
Just my tuppence!

Graham.