RE: Hot Tank/De-rust TR3 Block

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hot Tank/De-rust TR3 Block
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:38:35 EST
Cc: ryoung@navcomtech.com
I quite agree with Randall,  (no surprise)
but will add three points:

I glue an old set of figure 8 gaskets in place, in the standard location, to
protect that surface, as I also use stones with my die grinder.  Do use
breathing protection!

Do remove the oil galley end plugs and clean the internal oil passageways IF
you have replacement plugs; if not, clean it through the other holes and
flush, flush, flush.

This method also saves the cam bearings, which may be tighter than new "G"
brand ones.

Hardy Prentice, TR3 ARRC winner and TR3 person since 61