Replacing Engine Mounts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing Engine Mounts
From: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:54:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I want to replace the engine mounts on MY 4A.  Right now the gearbox is out and
the engine is in the car, supported by a jack under the rear of the oil pan.

Has a anyone replaced the mounts with the engine in the car?  It occurred to me
that before or during the gearbox reinstallation process there might be an
opportunity to lift the assembly,  perhaps under the forward part of the oil
pan..or with an engine lift ...just enough to replace....and minimize the need
to disconnect/remove a lot of other stuff.

Your thoughts,

Thanks

Mike Godley