re: unusual color combination

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: unusual color combination
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:38:06 +0200
Damson is the color of the fruit of the damson tree, also known as Bullace

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/b/bullac86.html

It is way too tart to eat, but makes an excellent liqueur with gin or vodka,
thus:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,171,152185-253204,00.html

The simple recipe is 1/3 pricked damsons (by volume), 1/3 sugar, 1/3 gin.
Agitate weekly for three months.  Ready to drink after two years (yes -
years).  The remaining gin-soaked damsons also make an excellent pudding
filler, so nothing is wasted (except the consumer).

We're just starting to drink our 2001 now - hic :-)

Pete Logan