Re: Reliability (Was: Originality)

To: stilton@protoprod.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reliability (Was: Originality)
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:18:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/03 2:24:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stilton@protoprod.com writes:

> Looks like you are going to average somewhere around 750 miles per car this
> year.
> I guess by "drive the wheels off of them" you mean you drive them very hard,
> which is different than driving one every day.

Scott,
I kind of favor a few cars each year and yes I only drive them on Triumph
events.

 This year I put 2100 miles on my 71 TR6.  The TR250 had a similar amount put
on her but not all by me.  The rest had various insignificant amounts.  I
guese I define reliability as getting from point A to point B and back again
with
no issues.  Longest trip this year was to the 6-Pack Trials in Bowling Green,
KY about 500 miles with both the Six and 250.  My experience tells me that
the more you drive them the better it is for the car.  I hardly drove the TR8
at
all this year so I am getting her out this fall and running a few tanks of
gas thru to see if all is all right.  I get scared when I haven't driven one
for
a while since it seems that things go bad just sitting.  The 76 TR7 VE sat
for a while and the last time I took her out this fall she only stopped running
once.  Now that blows my confidence in her a little and I would question her
reliability.
Cheers,
Darrell