Re: Reliability (Was: Originality)

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reliability (Was: Originality)
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:16:55 -0400

And then Later wrote:

>My cars have collectively driven over 6000 miles this year and I do not
drive any of them daily.

Looks like you are going to average somewhere around 750 miles per car this
year.
I guess by "drive the wheels off of them" you mean you drive them very hard,
which is different than driving one every day.

Don't get me wrong .. . I'm not trying to pick a fight with you Darrell.
As a matter of fact, I could be one of the data points to support your
assertion.

The key thing is that everything is relative, including the definition of
"reliability."

I consider my Triumphs reliable for me.
I don't think they would be for your average Honda driver though.

On the other hand . . . I've often wondered what an operating cost
comparison would be between buying a new sportscar and a nice Triumph.   It
is a tough comparison though because of the variable values different people
will put on different aspects of the car.

I know of several other people here on the list who try and use their
Triumph(s) as their primary mode of transportation.
I wonder how many there are out there?  (drop me a note to let me know if
you are one of them.  I'm interested in knowing your story and how its
going)

Scott Tilton
1970 TR6 everyday
Leesburg, VA