RE: dead short

To: "Bill Bryant" <bryant@sonic.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: dead short
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:08:43 -0700
> I connected my test lite to the ground terminal of the battery and touched
> the sharp part to the engine block ( it lit up) and to the fender
> in a spot
> where the paint had chipped off. Now maybe it always does this but I don't
> think so...and maybe this is no way to hook up the test lamp...

Nope, that's exactly the right test, and exactly the wrong result.  As I
wrote before, keep the clip on the battery terminal and move the probe
closer until you find where it no longer lights.  Next place I would go is
the head of the bolt that fastens the ground cable from the battery to the
body; and then the body of the terminal on the end of the ground cable, etc.

Randall