Re: Dead Short

To: "'Bill Bryant'" <bryant@sonic.net>, "TRlist (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead Short
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:18:36 -0400
Hop-count: 1 FILETIME=[DE431580:01C39A52]
Bill wrote:

I connected my test lite to the ground terminal of the battery and touched
the sharp part to the engine block ( it lit up) and to the fender in a spot
where the paint had chipped off. Now maybe it always does this but I don't
think so...and maybe this is no way to hook up the test lamp...

Uh, this sounds extrememly suspect. Are you aware that the TR3
was a positive ground car? Has it been converted to negative
ground? Are you sure that you have a lead attached to the ground
and not negative terminal by mistake?

Doug

--
Doug Mitchell