TR7 just quits?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 just quits?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:13:26 EDT
Hi Guys,
Ugly, my 76 Victory Edition TR7 just quit running while on a run a few weeks
ago. The tach went to zero but the radio was still blasting. I pulled her to
the side of the road, took a depth breath, stuck my tongue out and tuned the
key and she started right back up and I was once again on my way.  However,
since I was mouthing off about reliability and originally I can't let this go.
am thinking that the original Lucas Opus electronic ignition is beginning to
crap out like they are so well known to do or maybe the notoriously weak
ignition switch is shorting.  I had a guy work on the A/C a few months ago and
he
told me she would not start one time and later fired right up.

Any thoughts before I start replacing parts? The one thing I will not
hesitate to do is throw these original Lucas electronic ignitions in the woods.
 Any
suggestions on a good replacement for a TR7?  I am running a Luminition kit on
the TR8 after throwing two originals in the woods.
Thanks in advance,
Darrell