RE: TR7 just quits?

Subject: RE: TR7 just quits?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:32:10 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Many years ago I had a coworker who drove a VW.  He also smoked a
> pipe.  He
> told me one day he was driving along and started to clean his
> pipe with his
> pipe cleaning tool that was on his key ring when his car died.  He soon
> realized that his fiddling with the key ring caused his key to move to the
> off position.

Does anyone remember Smokey's Garage, the series that ran in Popular
Mechanics (I think) ? I remember one episode where the nice lady wanted to
have the springs reinforced on one side, because her husband was overweight.
When she rode with him, the car ran fine.  When she didn't, it wouldn't run.

Much head scratching and testing ensued until they finally figured out that
his key ring had a lot of keys, while hers didn't.  The extra weight of the
keys was causing the ignition switch to open up ...

Randall