RE: TR7 just quits?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR7 just quits?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:24:41 -0700
TR250Driver@aol.com wrote :

> Triumph's were
> good reliable cars as originally produced and do not need to be
> modified with
> modern goodies to be driven an enjoyed.

> The one thing I will not
> hesitate to do is throw these original Lucas electronic ignitions
> in the woods.

Thus begins the long, slippery slope ... got that big block picked out yet ?
<G>

I know nothing about the Opus system ... but I think I would connect a test
lamp between power at the amplifier and ground at the amplifier, then bring
the test lamp out so I could see it while driving.  If it goes out when the
problem occurs, the problem is outside the amplifier (might well be the
ignition switch).  Then I'd repeat the test between power at the coil and
ground at the amplifier.  This will normally be a lower voltage (except when
cranking the engine), but should still be enough to light the test lamp
dimly and allow you to compare abnormal to normal.

Randall