Re: TR250 Power

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Power
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:22:09 -0700 (PDT)
A comment on the different Manifolds:

I drove around for more than a year with an early intake manifold (and weber
downdrafts) mounted on a later head.  (Unbeknownst to me)

The manifold just BARELY covered the ports on the head on the outside edges.

How did this affect the way the car ran?
Hard to say . . . what was due to the manifold mismatch . . the non stock
carbs. . . the "performance cam" that was deteriorating steadily or the milled
head?

The car got me back and forth to work every day and from VA to Colorado and
back at pretty high speed.  Managed to pickup a first place trophy for the
modified TR6 autocross class in between.

Scott

From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>

Message text written by INTERNET:LaJoMor@aol.com
>The long runner intake from later TR6s will not work with the TR250 head.
<

Not to be anal about it but it will work but there is a port mis-alignment
that will probably rob more horsepower than you gain with the longer
runners.  In otherwords, don't do it for power but if you broke you early
manifold you could get by with the later model.

Dave