winter storage

To: "joe maher" <jmaher0343@bresnan.net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> h9R2pbws027073
Subject: winter storage
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:50:11 -0500
Message text written by "joe maher"
>It looks like winter is about to arrive here in Cheyenne and my TR3 is
ready
to go into hibernation.  This will be my first time storing a car for the
winter.  It is an indoor storage facility.  What is the best way to do
this?
Should the car be on jack stands?  If so, on the frame or suspension?  Do I
need to do anything to the carbs, brakes or clutch?  I know about adding
the
fuel stabilizer.   I will have access to the car and could go start it
periodically.
<

Since they don't make tires with polyester belts anymore, flat spotting is
not a problem.  I would just inflate them to about 30 PSI, add Stabil (R)
or a similar product to the fuel system and run the engine long enough to
ensure that some of the mix gets to the carbs and park it with the battery
disconnected.  I recommend against starting the car unless you will run it
long enough to get the oil warm.

Changing the oil before you store it is also porbably for the best.

And gas up the snow mobile!

Dave