Re: Pity the poor mechanical idiot

To: <logan@pt.lu>
Subject: Re: Pity the poor mechanical idiot
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:59:59 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Pete Logan wrote:
It's a well known fact (everybody says so) that every British car firm at
that
time had an entire department dedicated to preventing owners from ever being
able to figure out how the cars worked.  Points and annual bonuses were
awarded for things like Most Baffling Technical Approach, Part Most Likely to
Fail, Most Inventive Use of Left Hand Thread and so on.  Oh we had some fun
:-)

Absolutely, Pete - except in Standard-Triumph's case it wasn't limited to just
one department for the 'confusion programme.' The whole plant was committed to
it! That's why these lists are so popular! You could say it's one of our
better export trades with an almost unlimited life, governed only by the
survival of the species, until the twitching finally succumbs to the effects
of rigor mortis. Something tells me that ultimate condition may be a while
arriving yet?

Jonmac