control head wires

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: control head wires
From: Shrack04@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:53:26 EST
My TR3 has an adjustable column and I could not get the wires to slide up and
down because my tube was a little rusty inside.   SO,, I took a wire brush
for cleaning a pistol, (357) screwed it to a cleaning rod for a rifle and spun
it up and down in the tube with my electric drill.  It cleaned it out really
well and made it shine top to bottom.  I then carefully pulled my wire out
straight and worked them so they laid together really well.  I bought some long
heat shrink tubing and heat shrunk all the wires together.  I coated what now
looks like an umbilical cord with Graphite lubricate (dry) and pulled them
through with a string.  They seem to slide ok now.  Just a thought,,, 20 years
and
still not done..,, Kent Shrack  1960 TR3a,  TS78.000 +