Re: TR3 reverse shift forks

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 reverse shift forks
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:19:52 EST
Hi guys,

Thanks....but they are different in more ways than one.

Randall is right....one must be the earlier 3 synchro box and the other has
to be the later 4 synchro box.

Here are the differences:

The detents positions are the same on the 1st-2nd and 3rd-4th early and late
rods, but the detent positions on the reverse rods are different...along with
the forks.

All of the early rods have a shallow keyslot cut into the shaft opposite the
shift lever socket. This keyslot runs in from the end of the shaft about 3"
and is only .045" or so deep. These don't appear on the later rods....do you
know what the keyslots are for.....oil galleries?

The 3rd-4th rod from the early box is worn around the interlocking ball
sockets and I'd like to replace it with the rod from the later box (same
detents,
no keyslot).
I don't have a problem with the other rods.

Bob