TR3 reverse shift forks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 reverse shift forks
From: Tr3bob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:58:33 -0500
Hi again guys,
One other question then I'll actually do some wrenching.

I'm rebuilding an early TR3 OD tranny and swapping the forks and rods from the
early cover to the later cover.

I still have to machine the lockout switch and dipstick holes, but I've got
that covered.

Randall assures me that the forks and rods are interchangeable and all I have
to do is add the overtravel tubes from the new box....thanks Randall.

My question: The 3rd-4th and the 1st-2nd forks are identical, but the reverse
fork is different. Do you know why? Also....should I use the forks that have
the thickest bearing pads....or are they matched sets.

TIA

Bob Stahlbush, pres. BMCNE (bmcne.com)