RE: TR3 reverse shift forks

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 reverse shift forks
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:30:41 -0800
> Randall assures me that the forks and rods are interchangeable
> and all I have to do is add the overtravel tubes from the new
> box....thanks Randall.

Just to clarify, that's true _only_ if your later box is still a 3-synchro !

> My question: The 3rd-4th and the 1st-2nd forks are identical, but
> the reverse fork is different. Do you know why?

That sound suspiciously like you're trying to mix 3-synchro and 4-synchro
... are you sure the 1-2 forks and shafts are identical ?  I don't know of
any reverse fork change except at the 3/4 synchro change.

> Also....should I
> use the forks that have the thickest bearing pads....or are they
> matched sets.

I'd use the thickest ones.

Randall