+ or - (reliability, safety)

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net
Subject: + or - (reliability, safety)
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 16:22:22 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Bob,
A Bosch from a mid 60s Volvo springs to mind. You would want to transplant
its regulator along with it. I do not know their output but I drove several
of these cars (7 I think) over a number of years, in the winter, using both
lights and the vast amounts of heat that only a Volvo could provide, often
with the wipers on, definitely with a stereo blasting, and never had a
charging problem. I think with just a bit of monkeying around you could get
it to fit, physically. Someone on this list must know a bit about this but
I got rid of all my Volvo stuff with my P1800S... :(
With the TR4s they went all the way up to 21 amps, so there could be an
immediate small improvement...naah, probably not worth the effort.
I would wander over to the local generator rebuilding shop and strike up a
conversation with the oldest guy there.
Regards,
Jim
Bob wrote:
.......Was or is there a generator that would fit on a TR3 that would produce
more than 19 amps, maybe at least 25, or is an alternator the only way
to go?

Bob Labuz
  T3
---