Re: + or - (reliability, safety)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: + or - (reliability, safety)
From: Dave Fain <kc3565l@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:26:12 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
As further evidence that the Lucas generators on Triumphs are marginal
at best:  I used to have a pretty good sized stereo system installed in my
GT6 which was and is equipped with a stock generator.  With the lights and
wipers operating, the amp would clip once the battery dropped below 12
volts.  The generator is fine for normal driving but a larger one would be
nice to have.
Dave