+ or-

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: + or-
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:09:09 +0100
I would seven times endorse what learned listers have said about the
desirability of carrying a spare rotor arm.

In the last few years I have three times experienced the sudden and total
failure of a rotor arm. The first time it happens it's not easy to diagnose.
Best way is to take the distributor cap off, unplug the HT wire from the top
of the coil, take a screwdriver from earth to the top of the coil and flick
the points apart woth the other hand. A great big spark from the screwdriver
to the coil means another rotor head has bitten the dust and shorted to
earth via the rotor shaft.

Some time ago a parts man told me the genuine OEM Lucas arms are the best
and almost never fail unless mechanically damaged in some way. They are'nt
easy to find.

YMMV!

David Brister 1967 TR4A.