master brake cylinder repair kit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: master brake cylinder repair kit
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:37:12 -0500
Hello, everyone.

There are two master cylinders for my '59 TR3A, one for the brake and one for
the clutch.  Both take the identical repair kit, MOSS 583-080.

But what did not come with the kit, and isn't shown as having a part number at
all, is the first rubber ring that goes around the steel cup that rides the
plunger.  It must exist to ensure a proper distance is kept between the steel
cup and the inner cylinder wall of the master cylinder.

I don't seem to recall that people on the list have expressed difficulty
sourcing all the parts necessary to rebuild master cylinders.  Or did I miss
something?

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A (Off the frame and in parts, but they mosly clean now.)  TS 58667