RE: master brake cylinder repair kit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: master brake cylinder repair kit
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:44:10 -0800
> I think I see the problem.  It is listed as a "ring, dust seal-not
> available," with a footnote:  "Some early cylinders had this dust
> seal ring
> which is not included in later sylinders nor in repair kits.  Girling
> discontinued them because they are not necessary."

Took a look in the parts bin, sure enough there's a piston in there with the
"dust seal ring" still installed !  I didn't take it off, but it looks as
though a standard O-ring of a suitable (brake fluif resistant) material
would do.

I didn't look, but I'm pretty sure the MCs on my car (original at least to
when I got it in 1984) do not have the groove for the seal ring.

Randall