Re: master brake cylinder repair kit

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: master brake cylinder repair kit
From: "Terry" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:28:40 -0500
I think I see the problem.  It is listed as a "ring, dust seal-not
available," with a footnote:  "Some early cylinders had this dust seal ring
which is not included in later sylinders nor in repair kits.  Girling
discontinued them because they are not necessary."

First time I looked at the catalog, I couldn't tell that this dust ring fit
onto the piston.  (Thanks, Randall.  I should have called the "cup" a
"piston."

Solution?  Leave the dust ring that's on it, there.  No harm done.

Thanks a thousandth time, Randall!

Terry Smith
New Hampshire
'59 TR3A TS 58667 (Off the frame and in pieces, but they're getting
cleaner!)