Re: Lost Key

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lost Key
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:45:16 -0700
Peter L. Edmands wrote:

>In a severe senior moment Ive succeeded in losing both sets of keys to
>my 74 TR6.  Is there a simple way to secure a replacement key without
>replacing the entire ignition lock?

Sure.  You will need the key codes which you may be able to read off the
locks or from your BMIHT certificate if you have one.

Keys can be cut to code or you may even be able to get an original set
of pre-cut keys as we have a couple of listers with a 'collection' of these.

See...    http://www.key-men.com    for one source (George R).

See...    http://britishcarkeys.com    for another (Pete G).

Going through this myself.  Seem to have lost my original keys in our
recent move (aarrrgh).  I was so careful with them that I kept them in a
special drawer and never actually used them in the car.  They would have
been safer in my pocket.

Good luck.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A