Re: Lost Key

To: McGaheyRx@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lost Key
From: AVALON2455@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:03:02 EST
I guess I'm a Ford and/or Jag guy and like one key to fit everything!  So
during my restroation I took all locks and made them match the iginition
key.......no big deal if the pins are fairly close and can be mixed and
matched.
Certainly a locksmith can do it for you.  Then I had five made, one for the
both
of us, one in the garage, two in the house.

If you are patient.......get yourself a blank key to fit your ignition lock.
Coat it with some machinests blue, place it in lock.....move back and forth
several times.  Remove, and with a small triangular file, file notches at the
shiney spots.......repeat until it opens the lock.........that's the way the
locksmith does it!

To me, locks on old cars just keep out the honest or the joy riding very
young teenager.......anyone really wants in........no real problem.......the
boot
lock will keep most out however......unless they see you put something in
there that looks interesting.......

Clark