Re: Lost Key

To: "Peter L. Edmands" <ple@woodedlaw.com>
Subject: Re: Lost Key
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:43:21 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If you have the build certificate, it often lists the key codes. If you
don't have it, consider sending off for it.

The door codes won't be anywhere one the car, but the glovebox/trunk key
code is usually one the side of the glovebox lock and sometimes the
trunk lock. You'll have to remove the lock to read it, it's usually just
a 3 digit number, but sometimes will have the "FS" prefix.

The ignition code can sometimes be found on a paper sticker in the
housing of the ignition switch. You'll have to remove the switch from
the housing, not always an easy job.

Now for the self serving plug: If you need key blanks, I can supply
them, or if you get the key codes, I can cut keys to code for you.
Here's my site address:

http://www.key-men.com

The keys you'll need are these:
http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=FT6R - ignition key
http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=62FT - door key
http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=62FS -
glovebox/trunk key

Some TR6 cars (and Spitfires) use this ignition key instead:
http://www.key-men.com/shopping/show_key.php?catnum=WB1

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph