RE: Fuel Pump

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:44:58 -0800
> I have one of those clear plastic fuel filters and I noticed something
> kind of funny about it.  I have been watching it and there is very
> little fuel in the filter.

Where is the filter outlet in relation to the body of the filter ?  It's
normal for the fuel level in the filter to rise to the level of the outlet
and no higher ... in effect there is an air bubble trapped in the top of the
filter with no way out.  The air usually gets slowly carried out with the
fuel tho, so over a period of weeks the filter usually fills up the rest of
the way.  If not, you may have a small air leak on the intake side of the
pump.

Randall