RE: Fuel Pump

To: "Eduard Tieseler" <etiesele@metrolist.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump
From: "Robert Fabie" <bfabie@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:18:54 -0500
The see-through fuel filter in my TR6 barely ever had any fuel in it until I
replaced the gas tank. Now it's 95% full all the time. My old gas tank had been
"sealed" by a previous owner according to records that I have. Over the course
of three years, the car would occasionally die as if it ran out of gas. What I
discovered was that the "lining" from the "sealing" had become detached from
the sides of the tank and as it sloshed around, it would occasionally cover the
fuel drain. What I pulled out of the tank looked like a deflated latex balloon.
It's been perfect since I replaced the tank. If you have an original gas tank,
I'm sure it's got rust and gunk at the bottom of it. If it's been previously
sealed, the sealing material may be coming apart.

Bob Fabie