Re: OEM Shift knobs

To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OEM Shift knobs
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 19:34:09 -0500
Although the transmission installed in the car was a standard four speed, my
TR3A project car came with an OD transmission (I think an A-Type, though I
haven't looked close yet).  The shift knob is largish, round, and had been
painted blue.  The OD switch was installed in the knob as you describe.  I
had the thought it was a racing style shift knob.  Didn't know it was stock
for later models.

I don't know if the lever is original to the transmission.  I was going to
examine it all more closely when the snow is gone.

Terry Smith
New Hampshire
'59 TR3A TS 58667 (Off the frame and in pieces, but they're CLEAN
pieces...ahem...mostly.)