Re: New Year's Day

To: lmtr4a@ctlnet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Year's Day
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 20:21:32 EST
In a message dated 1/1/2004 2:44:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmtr4a@ctlnet.com writes:

> The carburetors on the TR2
> are in the hospital and the 4A is in a facility that will not let me take
it
> out till May 1st, so here I sit wishing that I could take a ride in a TR on
> January first.  Not every year that you can drive your TRs on January first
> so
> if you have a chance by all means don't pass up the opportunity.

OK, it was a bit late (10 minutes ago), but I just got back from a quick spin
"around the neighborhood" in the Herald. It's current 33 degrees F here in
the Albany, NY, area, and I wasn't sure how easily the Herald would start
without the choke, but it did.

Four miles in the Herald, after two solid months in the Civic, was great!
Nothing against the Honda, but front-wheel drive and snow tires just doesn't
make
for the same kind of instantly responsive steering that the Herald has. ;-)

Come on, SPRING! Meanwhile, Happy New Year to all!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.